10.00am - 4.00pm
Please note: Some retailers may trade outside these hours. Click here for Store Directory.
Best Guacamole recipe from Guzman Y Gomez
- 1 kg (ripe) Hass avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 10 grams coriander
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh green jalapeño
- Salt to taste
1. To make the best guacamole, ﬁnish this recipe as quickly as possible to prevent the avocado from browning.
2. Wash the tomatoes, coriander and jalapeño.
3. Dice the tomatoes and onions and ﬁnely chop the coriander and jalapeño, keep them aside.
4. Slice the avocados open, remove the pit and scoop out the pulp. Place all the pulp in a plastic or glass bowl.
5. Mash the avocado pulp with a potato masher until you have small chunks left.
6. Mix the avocado with the tomatoes, onions, coriander and jalapeño.
7. Add the lemon juice and salt to taste. We recommend 1 tsp of salt and 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.
8. Serve with corn chips (we call them TOTOPO!)
- Roll your lemon on the counter to loosen the juice before squeezing
- To keep your guacamole fresh in the fridge for 24 hours, place cling wrap on top of the guacamole and push out the air. It will prevent your guacamole from going brown!